DeLaney Realty, Inc.
DeLaney Realty Inc. was established in 1968 as a partnership between Charles E. DeLaney and Theodore Manganello, both of whom retired from the United States Air Force after long and successful careers. As the business grew and prospered, its location continued moving northeasterly along the Austin Highway until September 1972, when the partners constructed and moved into their own building at 2433 Austin Highway. It was at approximately this time that Henry H. McKee purchased Mr. DeLaney’s 50% interest in the business. On March 16, 1972, the business was incorporated. Two branch offices were opened for a short time during 1973 and 1974, one at 12639 Nacogdoches Road and one at 3604 Fredericksburg Road. In 1974, these offices were closed because of the recession being experienced by the real estate industry. For medical reasons, Mr. McKee left the business and his son, James C. McKee, purchased his interest in the firm.
In May of 1976, a Century 21 franchise was acquired. The business operated as a Century 21 DeLaney Realty, Inc. franchise until April 29, 1991, when management decided this affiliation no longer was capable of delivering the services needed for its continued growth.
In 1978, Charles (Chuck) Manganello purchased James McKee's stock in DeLaney Realty, Inc. Bill Williamson joined the firm in 1978 as a Real Estate agent. He transferred to another Century 21 office in 1981 to become the Property Manager of that Century 21 office. Until August of 1979, Chuck and his father, Ted, operated the real estate business. In August 1979, Doyle Wells purchased most of Ted's interest in the firm and he and Chuck operated the business until Doyle's retirement on 31 March 1991. With the retirement of Doyle Wells, Chuck and Wendy Manganello became the sole shareholders of the corporation.
In 1979, due to the continued increase in the number of properties being managed, the company automated the property management division. The investment in automation of this division not only provides more efficient and better service to our property owners, but also benefits our office through more efficient management of sales and financial data. The company is one of the largest managers of single-family homes in Northeast San Antonio.
This concentrated effort toward property management perhaps slowed the growth of the sales organization, but today makes the firm a viable competitor in any economic period. The company continues to emphasize the listing of residential properties for sale in Northeast San Antonio.
On November 1, 1987, the company moved to 8021 FM 78, Suite 131,Ventura Plaza. We were able to design the entire facility and we believe the high visibility location provided us an excellent opportunity to penetrate the expanding residential market of Northeastern San Antonio. A new building site was acquired, and on April 15, 1997, the company moved into its new home at 7975 FM 78 @ Beech Trail.
In May 2007, Chuck and Wendy started their plan to retire. A majority interest in the company was sold to Bill Williamson and June Williamson. With the change in leadership, Bill became the Principal Broker/Owner of the company. Bill has been a Property Manager since 1981 and has owned his own Real Estate Company, BRW & Associates, Inc., since 1985.
In May 2014, work began on expanding the office of BRW & Associates, Inc. from 1000 sq ft to over 3000 sq ft. when completed. Four suites were removed for the expansion. In October 2014, the company moved to 1747 Citadel Plaza, Suite 102 San Antonio, TX 78209.